Our one-year (12 months) masters will help you get started in the planning profession. The Urban and Regional Planning course from University of Sheffield examines the factors that shape cities and rural areas. We’ll show you how research is used in policy-making and evaluation. You’ll develop research and design skills, and specialise in an aspect of planning.
Study in Europe
- You have the option to spend the spring semester at one of our European partner universities in either Aalborg, Amsterdam, Lyon or Milan.
- Costs for field classes are not included in the tuition fee.
Accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Spatial Planning and Development
- Values in Planning
- Research Methods
- Spatial Planning Systems
- Urban Development in the Global South
- Politics, Planning and the State
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning View 134 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.