The Transportation Design from Pforzheim University consists of three main areas. Knowledge gained in specific modules are integrated within the semester projects.
The professional studies module concentrates on fundamentals of automotive design in combination with theoretical and managerial aspects.
The automotive exterior module focuses on the development of vehicle exterior design, within the context of the semester project. Students are required to make concept proposals for a given theme in sketch and rendering form along with a scale tape drawing based on technical “package”. Thereafter, students should produce a 3D virtual model which should be submitted at the end of the semester for assessment.
Studying in Pforzheim aims to provide the students with the highest employment opportunities and therefore focuses on interdisciplinary, strongly project-oriented learning experience. Beyond creating their own design work, the graduates of the MA program will be able to hold responsible positions in the automobile industry. Possible fields of employment include design drafting for serial design or advanced design, supervising model making, working together in a mixed team (Development, Marketing, Design). Graduates of the Master of Arts program in Transportation Design will have the skills necessary to structure a project team, plan a design project and supervise its execution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The professional studies module
- The automotive exterior module
- The automotive interior module
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design General Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 73 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Description of motivation
- Legally certified copies of last completed Bachelor degree and, if available, additional completed degrees (including german or english translation, more information below)
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency according to program specifications (further information below)
- Portfolio.There is no regulation regarding the quantity of the pages. The portfolio should give an overview about the skills, the creativity and the projects already acquired and accomplished. The layout and the arrangement or which sketches/projects/information are presented in this portfolio is part of the application (further program specific information below)
- a signed letter of consent which allows the university to discard your application documents including the portfolio of artwork if they are not being picked up in the set timeframe after the application process
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
There is no tuition, but around 160 Euro of semester fees for enrolled students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.