The Politics (Research) programme at Newcastle University blends study in Politics with the internationally renowned, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) recognised, Humanities and Social Sciences research training programme.
As a student on this course you develop:
- advanced knowledge and understanding of political science methods and techniques required to carry out advanced research in politics
- skills in planning, managing and disseminating research
- knowledge and understanding of data collection methods and critical evaluation of various sources
- proficiency in a range of qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
We have a student-run Politics Postgraduate Society which brings together MA and PhD students to organise academic and social events. The Society runs:
- professional development seminars, led by academic staff
- seminars delivered by fellow postgraduates
- round table discussions with staff and visitor
- a weekly film night during term time
Teaching and learning take place in workshops and practical classes, lectures, seminars, team-based problem-solving groups and in supervisory meetings for research papers and the dissertation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Doing Political Research
- Thinking about Research
- Information Skills
- Qualitative Methodology in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Quantitative Methods
- The Nature of Explanation and Enquiry
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts. This is so that you have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 400 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in international studies/politics or a related subject.
- We may also consider your application on an individual basis if you have relevant professional experience.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU Part time: £3,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.