The Special and Inclusive Education program at the University of Sydney will challenge you to explore how to work with students who have special education needs, how to prevent disruptive behaviour and teach students with learning difficulties. You"ll gain a broad perspective on the issues, practices and philosophies in special and inclusive education.
You'll benefit from the cultural and professional diversity of learning alongside local and international students and teachers from a broad range of backgrounds, including early childhood, primary, secondary, post-secondary, public and private schools, and mainstream, support and specialist school teachers.
Graduates who complete eight units of study from this specialisation will be recognised by the NSW Department of Education and Communities as Special Educators. Working in mainstream education settings, graduates will be valued because they are able to contribute to the growth of staff and school community through their expertise in special education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adult Learning and Development
- Assessment Literacy for School Teachers
- Bilingual Education
- Coaching Pedagogy
- Collaboration and Consultation
- Communication for Learning
- Contemporary Issues in Coaching
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 31 other Masters in Special Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 000674B
- a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification and either the completion of postgraduate studies, or professional experience equivalent to one year full-time in a field considered by the Faculty to be appropriate to the program of study; or
- a bachelor's degree and either the Graduate Diploma in Education or Bachelor of Teaching or Master of Teaching from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification; or
- a bachelor's degree from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification and either the completion of postgraduate studies in Education
International44000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Student Contribution Amount (SCA) for year 1: $3,950 (indicative only)
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.