The Clinical Psychology program at the University of Sydney involves two years of full-time study. You will develop a theoretical foundation through coursework taught by leading academic staff at the University of Sydney. Then, you can put this to the test in real situations through 1200 hours of clinical placements, both in our on-campus Psychology Clinic as well as outstanding teaching hospitals like Westmead Hospital and the Children's Hospital at Westmead. Finally, your learning will be bolstered by the opportunity to specialise with a research-based project in your own are of interest.
Graduates of the MCP program leave with a scientific and evidence-based approach to clinical psychology. The program’s cognitive-behavioural approach to treatment, coupled with alternative models of therapy introduced in the second year, will ensure you will have with both depth and breadth to your clinical training.
The Master of Clinical Psychology (MCP) is the path to professional specialisation in clinical psychology. By the end of this degree, you will have the highly developed knowledge base and strong clinical skills needed to work as a professional clinical psychologist in many clinical and community settings.
The Master of Clinical Psychology (MCP) is recognised by the NSW Ministry of Health as qualifying the holder for progression to the grade of clinical psychologist.
Upon graduation, students are eligible for membership of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists, and Associate Membership of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Treatment Across the Lifespan
- Assessment Across the Lifespan
- Research, Ethics and Professional Practice
- Case and Research Seminars
- Health and Neuropsychology
- Specialised Areas of Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 43 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 082878M
- Completion of an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited four year bachelors degree with honours in psychology from a higher education provider, gaining at least an upper second class (2.1) honours, or equivalent.
- The bachelors degree with honours must have been completed within 10 years of commencing the MCP or the MCP/PhD.
- The bachelors degree with honours must include a major research project and thesis as an essential part of the degree.
- You must satisfy the Head of the School of Psychology (or delegate) of your personal suitability for the practice of clinical psychology through your application, referee reports and selection interview.
International51000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National36000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Student Contribution Amount (SCA) for year 1: $3,950 (indicative only)
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.