We emphasise the multidisciplinary nature of medical engineering and the current shift towards the interface between engineering and the life sciences. You could focus on tissue engineering, biomaterials or joint replacement technology among a host of other topics.
You’ll learn in an exciting research environment where breakthroughs are being made in your discipline. This Medical Engineering course from University of Leeds is closely linked to our Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering (IMBE), which focuses on research and education in the fields of medical devices and regenerative medicine. It focuses on innovating and translating new therapies into practical clinical applications.
Our world-class facilities in materials screening analysis, joint simulation, surface analysis, heart valve simulation and tensile and fatigue testing allow us to push the boundaries in medical engineering.
Career destinations and opportunities for graduates of this course are diverse. This course will also prepare you for further studies as a research in industry or at PhD level. Our graduates have secured positions at companies such as:
- DePuy Synthesis
- Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Engineering Experimental Design and Analysis
- Professional Project
- Team Design Project
- Tissue Engineering
- Medical Electronics and E-Health
- Managing for Innovation
- Spinal Biomechanics and Instrumentation
- Engineering Computational Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 111 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in engineering, a physical science, mathematics. A medical degree or allied subject is acceptable where the candidate also has demonstrable knowledge of mathematics and physics. We may ask for further detailed module information where necessary.
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.