Medical engineering combines the design and problem-solving skills of engineering with medical and biological sciences to contribute to medical device solutions and interventions for a range of diseases and trauma.
We emphasise the multidisciplinary nature of medical engineering and the current shift towards the interface between engineering and the life sciences. You could focus on tissue engineering, biomaterials or joint replacement technology among a host of other topics.
Whether you’re an engineer or surgeon, or you work in sales, marketing or regulation, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to launch or develop your career in this demanding sector.
Career destinations and opportunities for graduates of this course are diverse. This Medical Engineering course at University of Leeds will also prepare you for further studies as a research in industry or at PhD level. Our graduates have secured positions at companies such as:
- DePuy Synthesis
- Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency
More informationVisit official programme website
- Medical Engineering Experimental Design and Analysis
- Professional Project
- Team Design Project
- Tissue Engineering
- Medical Electronics and E-Health
- Managing for Innovation
- Structure and Functional Biomechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 93 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in engineering, a physical science, mathematics, a medical degree or allied subject with a background in orthopaedics. We may ask for further detailed module information where necessary.
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
- International students who do not meet the English language requirements for this programme may be able to study our postgraduate pre-sessional English course, to help improve your English language level.
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.