This specialist master’s brings together a compelling combination of training in advanced economic theory with relevant finance units; some of which are taught by our School of Management.
Starting with a comprehensive refresher course in essential maths and economics skills, you will go on to explore how economics can be used to help address real financial issues such as the global financial crisis.
You will use a deeper understanding of economic theory to gain additional insights into these events, and we will support your investigations with rigorous training in econometrics to allow you to interpret and analyse empirical data effectively.
Learning and teaching
Our teaching staff are active researchers and regularly publish in top economic journals. You'll benefit from their economic expertise. Some of the finance modules on this course are taught by our School of Management.
This course is designed to give you the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to secure work in a financial institution, consultancy, ministry of finance or economics, or central bank. It is also suitable if you're considering doctoral study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometrics for economics and finance
- Financial economics
- Corporate finance
- Economics: Masters dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 750 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in either economics, business, or an appropriate quantitative subject such as engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics.
- You are also expected to have obtained good marks in at least five core units comprising macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics (or statistics), and finance. These may be complemented by three other quantitative units such as calculus, probability, data analysis, business, accounting, game theory, operational research, or financial engineering.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.