The MSc Data Science course at The University of Exeter covers the fundamental mathematical and computational techniques which underpin Data Science, building on your existing scientific and/or mathematical knowledge.
In addition to studying specific applications including network analysis, text analysis and machine vision you will study social contexts, governance and ethical considerations.
Building upon your existing coding skills you will handle complex data sets, learning multiple methods of analysis and efficient approaches to visualisation and presentation.Your project allows you to develop skills in an specific area of interest, pursuing your ideas while guided by an academic supervisor.
Data Science is changing the way people do business. Mountains of previously uncollectable data, generated by huge growth in online activity and appliance connectivity, is becoming available to businesses in every sector. The opportunities for businesses and individuals who can manage, manipulate and extract insights from these enormous data sets are limitless. A direct result of this is the dramatic increase in demand for individuals with the skills to turn this information into insight is outstripping supply.Whether you’re looking to take your career in a new direction or for an MSc that will sit alongside your undergraduate degree to land you an exhilarating graduate job, you’re unlikely to find a better choice than Data Science.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Data Science
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Learning from Data
- Data Science Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 192 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- Candidates are required to have at least a 2:1 degree in a strongly numerate subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics) and must be able to show evidence of good programming ability in a recognised modern computer language. Candidates may be interviewed by video conference to assess their programming ability and suitability for the course.
- The Python programming language is used extensively during this course and applicants with experience in other languages will be asked to learn basic Python before commencing the course.
International20950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.