In this Master of Pharmaceutical Industry Practice offered at University of Queensland program, you'll learn the stages of drug or device development and the lifecycle management process, from understanding how need drives the discovery process, through pre-clinical development to post-registration surveillance.
Learn about the associated disciplines like pharmacovigilance, health economics, regulatory, quality assurance, quality control, and biometrics, as well as commercialisation, intellectual property, and project and finance management.
Undertake placements in Australia or overseas in your second year.
Placements can be in any aspect of product development ranging from discovery, manufacturing and pharmacovigilance, complementary medicines, project management, and more.
Choose to undertake an independent project working alongside one of our world-class UQ Pharmacy researchers, in state-of-the-art laboratories at the $100 million Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence.
The Master of Pharmaceutical Industry Practice leads to careers in:
- drug discovery and formulation
- pre-clinical research
- clinical trials coordination
- clinical research project management
- regulatory affairs
- drug and device safety assessment
- medical affairs / medical science liaison
- health economics
- medical writing
- data management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drug Design and Formulation
- Clinical Drug Development and Biometrics
- Device Development, Drug Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs and Governance
- Pre-clinical Drug Development
- Post-registration Life Cycle Management
- Project Management and Commercialisation in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Sciences View 277 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
CRICOS code: 098320G
- hold an approved bachelor degree in science, engineering, medical science, or equivalent; and
- have a minimum GPA 5 in their previous degree; and
- satisfy the executive dean that, based on the person's academic record and prior work experience, the person is qualified for admission.
International41040 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41040 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National29920 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29920 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.