Specifically, the Taxation of Cross-Border Investment program of the University of Miami School of Law benefits foreign attorneys who:
- Are practicing, or intend to practice, in or with Latin America in order to develop the niche market of structuring investments in and by Latin America.
- Are ready to delve into a more sophisticated tax practice and looking to understand enough U.S. tax law to work well with U.S. tax lawyers.
This unique offering makes sense as South Florida has become one of the world's leading centers of international tax planning and asset management, and Miami is a major financial capital and home to the largest concentration of international banks in the U.S.
The city has an exceptionally high number of lawyers representing clients with cross-border investments. We are able to bring in this top talent as adjuncts and have non-U.S. tax experts teach alongside U.S. tax lawyers to show the real-world dynamics of developing a structure that satisfies the business and legal demands of multiple jurisdictions. This way, students understand how international tax planning has to work in every country where their clients do business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- U.S. Legal System
- U.S. Tax System, including Entity Classification
- Taxation of Business Entities
- Taxation of U.S. Activities of Foreign Taxpayers: International Inbound
- Income Tax Treaties
- Federal Wealth Transfer Tax
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law International Business Taxation View 149 other Masters in Taxation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International applicants must hold a J.D. degree or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A score of 580 on the written, 237 on the computer based or 92 on the internet based TOEFL test is required to be considered for admission.
- Applicants must have an official TOEFL score report sent to the Graduate Program in Taxation from the Educational Testing Service (ETS)
International54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27375 USD per semester during 12 months.
National54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27375 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Florida City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.