Choose From a Variety of Career PathsThe Estate Planning program of the University of Miami School of Law offers career development for students seeking successful and rewarding professions. With an Estate Planning LL.M. job opportunities can include:
- Large law firm attorney
- Boutique estate planning firm attorney
- Bank or trust company officer
- Internal Revenue Service position
- Wealth manager at bank or investment house
- In-house or independent attorney for public or private charity
- Tax and probate litigator
How Does this Degree Differ from a Tax LL.M.?
The unique program prepares attorneys to deal with the tax implications of wealth transfers and with the related non-tax, investment and business succession planning issues. The breadth and depth of coverage of both the tax and non-tax aspects of individual and estate planning distinguishes the curriculum from traditional graduate tax programs. Tax LL.M. programs may offer a cluster of survey courses on estate planning, but cannot match the in-depth, practical focus of Miami Law’s spring semester classes which cover exclusively essential non-tax issues including fiduciary administration, asset protection, life insurance, investment planning, elder law, and probate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Tax
- Federal Wealth Transfer Tax
- Income Tax for Estate Planners
- Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Introduction to the Probate Process
- Partnership Tax
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Real Estate & Property Management View 36 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Verified LSDAS Report / LSAT Scores
- Official Law School Transcripts - ABA Accredited
- Verified Class Rank from Law School
- Official Undergraduate Transcripts
- Two Letters (or more) of Recommendation (Professor or Employer)
International54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27375 USD per semester during 12 months.
National54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27375 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Florida City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.