Developing students’ understanding of macro- and microeconomics will help them to function not only in the private sector, but also in industries that interface with government and governmental agencies (i.e. energy, manufacturing, NGO, and other firms).
Training in data management, macroeconomic policies, optimization problems and other subjects that are part of the Economics curriculum will help students succeed and advance in a variety of professional environments.For students interested in doctoral-level education, a Master’s degree in Economics demonstrates advanced research and academic skills that will facilitate their admission to Ph.D. programs in Economics, Business and other social sciences.
Even in its first two years, the students in the Economics programme at Nazarbayev University were placed (with full funding) to the PhD programs of the following universities: Washington, Vienna, KU Leuven (multiple students), George Washington, Purdue and Wuppertal.
Work after graduation
- Professional economist careers
- Economics careers in banking
- Economics careers in accountancy
- Economics careers in business and financial consultancy
- Economics careers in the public sector, international organizations, and non-profit organizations
- Insurance, actuarial, and data analysis careers in economics
More informationVisit official programme website
- Math Econ
- Applied Econometrics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Marketing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent);
- High motivation and strong interest in the Program as outlined in a personal essay;
- Three letters of recommendation.
Application fee: KZT 10,000
Scholarships are available
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.