LSTM’s Global Health programmes seek to address priorities identified in several global health frameworks. These priorities include addressing global health inequalities through workforce development, leadership in health systems improvements, facilitating universal health coverage, promoting gender equity and creating meaningful partnerships for global health.
The Global Health programme from Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine is underpinned by LSTM’s mission of decreasing the global disease burden through research, education and building capacity. The programmes also contribute towards building skills and competencies of organisations and individuals working in the global health sector. Graduates will develop high-level transferable knowledge, intellectual and practical skills enabling them to take a leadership role in providing technical support and addressing the social determinants of health. Graduates will be able to work with diverse populations and in a wide range of settings.
The programmes’ competency-based curriculum was developed following close consultation with employers and key stakeholders, a review of global health competencies from renowned global health agencies and informed by evidence from global health employers to ensure relevancy and graduate employability. The MSc, PGDip and PGCert programmes cover a wide range of global health topics that provide graduates with key analytical, technical and practical skills for working in a diverse global world.
3 good reasons to study
- The curriculum is designed in close consultation with employers, experts and stakeholders from global health agencies to ensure graduate employability and success in the workplace.
- This is a flexible online programme that enables you to stay at ‘home’ whilst being an (international) student learning with other students from different parts of the world in a high-quality research-led academic environment.
- The programme offers three pathways Master of Science (MSc – 180 credits), Postgraduate Diploma (120 Credits) or Postgraduate Certificate (60 Credits) that bring a multidisciplinary global context of health to develop transferable skills, knowledge and competencies for health action and impact.
There are many career opportunities within global health in high income countries such as the UK and low and middle-income countries throughout the world. The careers cover a wide range of options including:
- Environmental protection
- Promotion of health and wellbeing
- Management of health systems
Graduates can be involved in developing strategies, e.g. for communicable and non-communicable diseases and managing health emergencies, disasters resulting from human conflicts, climate change and subsequent population displacements.
Potential employers include:
- Public Health England
- Local Authorities
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- United Nations agencies
- Centre for Disease Control
- Philanthropic organisations
- Ministries of Health
- Non-governmental organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Health
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health Systems Management
- Epidemiology & Statistics
- Qualitative Research in a Global World
- Working with Diverse Communities
- Climate Change & Health
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Postgraduate Diploma (120 Credits) or Postgraduate Certificate (60 Credits)
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 319 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programmes are open to university graduates in health, or related disciplines. Graduates from other disciplines are encouraged to apply. Non-graduates with considerable work experience in the health sector and can provide evidence of continued academic development through appropriate in-service training will also be considered.
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP per year and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP per year and a duration of 8 months.
PgD £8,000, PgC £4,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.