In the MA in Graphic Design at Leeds Arts University, you will build a body of self directed work informed by contemporary graphic design practice, and emerging debates within the field of design. Driven by problem analysis, critical debate and design innovation you will develop briefs, engage with an audience, and work collaboratively. Your investigation will explore the relationship between visual and contextual research, investigating the social, political and ethical contexts of your work.
You will be supported by a team with diverse research and practical interests within graphic design and visual culture, working closely with visiting industry professionals. You will source briefs, work with clients and apply your contextual and industry informed knowledge and understanding to question why graphic design needs to exist and who is the audience - the focus is on becoming a problem seeker not just a problem solver.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Our digital print resource enables professional-standard, large-format digital printing and print finishing. We have large format (up to A0) printers which are capable or printing over a metre wide. Our vinyl cutter enables designs to be cut from many types of vinyl and plastic. Postgraduate students are able to book into a designated evening or Saturday session during the standard academic year.
- Based in our postgraduate hub, students will have access to a range of resources to support their learning. These include open access to our library and general computer suites which are equipped with up to date industry standard software related to creative practices. Our digital printing facility also allows large scale, professional quality output up to A0.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 412 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
At enrolment you should normally have achieved:
- An undergraduate UK honours degree or international equivalent in a subject related to your proposed course of study or;
- A degree-equivalent postgraduate diploma /professional qualification
You will also need:
- one reference to support your application from an academic or a creative practitioner
- a proposal outlining your intentions for postgraduate study
Applicants who hold a Degree from another discipline or have experiential learning in lieu of a degree that can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills may also be considered for entry, subject to an interview and the submission of a satisfactory portfolio related work in support of their application.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home: 4,000£
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.