The programme will help you master the research methods and tools that will facilitate both a theoretical and a hands-on approach to modern design.
You will learn how to define key conceptual issues, how to select the right tools and methods for the users of your work and how to engage and include them in the whole process. In doing so, you will benefit from the most recent approaches of User-Oriented, Human-Centred and Inclusive Design.
You will also explore the potential behind the application of Integrated Product Design, Experience and Interaction Design, and of the Social and Service Design.
The Inclusive Design-Health and Social Well Being programme at Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice prepares its graduates to work as designers of products, services, interactions, public spaces, and design consultants. It also prepares graduates to work in R&D teams concerned with developing new products and services.
The wide array of specialisations available in the master’s programme means that the graduates are well-qualified to work in interdisciplinary teams developing product designs, visual information systems and interfaces, services, exhibition and environmental design. The competences gained during their studies will allow the graduates to become expert in designing innovative solutions and will make them highly competitive in the job market.Graduates’ skills and competences
- complex problem solving;
- critical thinking combined with a multifaceted analysis of complex problems and challenges of the contemporary world. It is combined with the ability to find new paths for development;
- creative thinking involving the ability to diagnose users’ needs and the ability to devise new ideas on the basis of such diagnoses;
- emotional intelligence – empathy and a deep understanding of other people’s needs and expectations engaging the principles of conscientious design;
- the ability to establish and co-ordinate the work of complex, interdisciplinary design teams;
- being aware of the role of design in increasing the effectiveness and development of services, companies and institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrated Product Design
- Designing Interactions
- Social Design
- Design management in the future world
- Designer’s toolkit
- Material experiments
We seek open-minded candidates willing to work in an interdisciplinary team.
This English-language master’s programme is aimed at creative, responsible and visionary graduates of such programmes of study as design, visual communication, graphic design, architecture, urban planning, interior design, exhibition design and architecture, multimedia, user experience design, environmental design.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design User Experience Design View 6 other Masters in Design in Poland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- portfolio (pdf file, max 3 Mb)
- interview (a presentation of the candidate's plans for education and career in design)
Candidates should have BA or MA diploma and B2 level of English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5350 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- PLN 23,000 per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.