The Design for Interactive Art and Experiences at the Edinburgh Napier University will allow you to examine design and visual arts principles in the creation of interactive and responsive environments. You will work with traditional and digital fabrication methods and apply programing for digital media software and hardware.
Part of the MA/MFA Design Suite, the course is constructed from core modules and modules specific to your chosen pathway. All students take the Live Project and you will study 'Thinking: Research for Creative Practice', which will help you to determine your Research Portfolio (MA) or Major Project (MFA) topics.
Graduates from this programme pathway can pursue careers in:
- interaction design
- exhibition, museum and interpretation design
- service design
- installation art
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MA Interactive Art & Experiences programme works at the intersection of creativity and new and emerging technology, attracting applicants with backgrounds in both design and the visual arts, and computing and engineering.
- Technologically driven creative interventions are deployed increasingly as objects or spaces, both as a form of critique on the challenges of modern life, and to enhance user experiences and quality of life.
- Digital data is instantly transferable in many ways, and you will learn how to shape and form objects and spaces, and use hardware and software to programme direct and indirect user interactions.
- The programme is supported by the Edinburgh Napier design team who are actively engaged in research, knowledge exchange and/or consultancy work as part of the Art & Design Research Centre (ADRC).
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign View 395 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at 2:2 or above in an art & design or related discipline (architecture, creative computing & engineering design)
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient professional work experience within the industry.
- All candidates are interviewed with a portfolio of creative work or technical/business projects. Applicants from overseas can be interviewed by teleconference with an online portfolio.
International14062 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14062 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7572 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7572 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.