The MLitt Global Social and Political Thought is an interdisciplinary degree that explores the history of social and political ideas from ancient times to the present.
The degree will develop your understanding of the history, nature, and practice of contemporary global politics and provide training in comparative analysis of history, philosophy, political economy, and international relations.
Our fantastic global reputation makes University of St Andrews graduates highly valued by employers. The MLitt Global Social and Political Thought provides the subject knowledge and general skills needed for a range of leadership and professional careers.
It will be of particular interest if you are considering a career in academia or research. You will:
- Broaden your understanding of contemporary politics, the history of current political ideas, and the way in which social and political thought shapes our world.
- Be trained in the evaluation of source material and the application of research techniques and enhance your critical, visual, and historical senses.
- Develop broader transferable skills in areas such as project management, team working, and communicating academic concepts to mixed audiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Concepts
- Digital Thinking in Politics and Society
- Global Politics
- Global Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 400 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree.
- CV or résumé (one page)
- personal statement
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
International19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.