The MLitt in Theology and the Arts at University of St Andrews is a one-year taught programme run by the Institute for Theology, Imagination and the Arts (ITIA), part of the School of Divinity.
The course is designed to provide a broad introduction to postgraduate work in the field of theology and the arts. It can be taken as self-contained programme of study or as a grounding for those intending to pursue doctoral research in this field.
Students on the Theology and the Arts MLitt programme are provided with the skills they need to succeed in an international job market, both academic and non-academic.
Graduates have taken up roles in a wide variety of occupations including:
- PhD study in the UK and the US
- work for arts institutions and museums
- church ministry
- secondary school teaching.
- Christian Doctrine and the Arts
- Religious Experience and Aesthetic Forms
- Theological Engagements with the Arts
- Methods and Texts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 146 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of St Andrews and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in theology or an Arts subject.
- statement of purpose (300 to 500 words)
- sample of academic work in English (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
International23530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23530 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11120 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.