The MSc in Chemical Science is a one-year taught programme run by the School of Chemistry. The course at University of St Andrews is designed for those students and professionals who have a degree in Chemistry or an allied subject.
- The aims of the programme include introducing modern chemical science concepts and techniques, exploring further advanced research-led topics through a range of optional modules and to equip you with analytical, critical, and communication skills.
- A key aspect of the programme is undertaking a significant research project for your dissertation. This enables you to develop skills in one of many areas aligned with the research interests of the School of Chemistry, for example, catalysis, surface science, energy materials, chemical biology, synthetic chemistry or structural chemistry.
CareersChemistry graduates have gone on to successful careers in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries with companies such as:
- Johnson Matthey
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Metal Chemistry
- Advanced Spectroscopic Methods
- Asymmetric Synthesis
- Heterocyclic and Pericyclic Chemistry
- Homogeneous Catalysis
- Integrating Chemistry
- Nanostructured Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 73 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in chemistry or a closely related subject area.
- CV or résumé. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- English language requirements certificate
- letter of intent (optional).
International24240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24240 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.