Studying on this new MA Film at the Liverpool John Moores University affords you the opportunity to study in one of the UK’s most dynamic cities. Liverpool is the second most filmed in city after London and has a vibrant media and cultural industry. With the Twickenham Studios film production facility due to open in the Littlewoods Building in 2020, there is no better time to study Film in Liverpool.
- Combine practical filmmaking and film criticism
- Choose between practical and theoretical assignments
- Embed your learning within an academic and film industry-based context
- Study on a course that explores and promotes filmmaking in the city of Liverpool, capitalising on its cinematic history and its current and future production activity
- Learn from staff with a broad range of research specialisms, including practical filmmaking, academic writing, screenwriting and producing video essays
EmployabilityFurther your career prospectsLJMU has an excellent employability record with 96% (HESA 2017) of our postgraduates in work or further study six months after graduation. Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.Graduates on this programme would typically be either working in or looking to move into careers in:
- Film Production
- Digital Content Production and Distribution
- Marketing and Communication
- Location Scouting
- Film Festivals
- Corporate Communications
- Cultural Management
- Researching Film
- Screening the City
- Exploring Festivals and Exhibitions
- People in Film
- Final Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 317 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject (Film Studies, Media Production, Computer Studies, Game Studies, Fine Art, Design, Architecture and Humanities based subject)
- to demonstrate the ability to benefit from and contribute to the programme
- to display the potential to develop postgraduate level research skills
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.