Why study this Civil Engineering course from Nottingham Trent University?
- Benefit from our team of expert academic staff who have established links to industry and significant experience of working in practice. Most staff teaching on the course are members of one or more professional institutions relating to civil engineering, and participate in industrial activities, consultancy and research, ensuring our course content allies with current industry practice.
Careers and employability
During your research project/dissertation, full-time students will be allocated an NTU supervisor, whilst part-time students will have the chance to be mentored by a nominated Employer Tutor alongside their NTU supervisor. This will probably be a line manager who will be willing to act as a mentor to you during the course, supporting you throughout the course and specifically during the Research Project/Dissertation module. The Employer Tutor will also be a point of contact, and represent your employer to discuss your progress.
- Current Practices in Civil Engineering
- Advanced Structural Engineering
- Advanced Hydraulics and Hydrology
- Sustainable Transport Planning and Engineering
- Professional Practice and Procedure for Construction and Engineering Management
- Advanced Construction Materials
- Geophysical and Geotechnical Investigation and Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering View 150 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- 2:2 honours degree in civil engineering, or an appropriate built environment subject area.
Applying with industry experience
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- If you are applying for the part-time mode, you would typically have two to three years’ experience, and have the support of your employer who will wish to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- You will probably be employed on significant infrastructure, and civil engineering and/or building works, either as a direct employee of local or national government, or in the private sector.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part time: £4,400
- Part time: £7,925
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.