The broad aims of the Business Analytics course offered by Durham University are:
- To develop advanced and systematic understanding of the complexity of data, including the sources of data relevant to business, alongside appropriate analysis techniques
- To enable students to critically review and apply relevant business analytics knowledge to practical situations
- To develop a critical awareness of current issues in business analytics which is informed by leading edge research and practice in the field
- To develop a conceptual understanding of existing research and scholarship to enable the identification of new or revised approaches to business analytics practice
- To develop creativity in the application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how established, advanced techniques of research and enquiry are used to develop and interpret knowledge in business analytics.
- To develop the ability to conduct research into business analytics issues that requires familiarity with a range of business data, research sources and appropriate methodologies and ethical issues
- To develop advanced conceptual abilities and analytical skills in order to evaluate the rigour and validity of published research and assess its relevance to new situations
- To extend the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using a range of media.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to Management
- Data Analytics in Action
- Learning from Data
- Building Customer Insights
- Natural Language Analysis
- Retail Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics View 151 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
A UK first or upper second class honours degree or equivalent in either business; computer science; or a related subject with a strong quantitative component.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.