In this Psychology programme from The Open University UK, you'll develop critical appraisal skills in the evaluation of psychological research and practice. You will also gain an understanding of the reciprocal relationship psychological research has with medicine, public policy, public opinion and the media.
Completing this rigorous masters degree will enable you to source, select and review psychological research independently, evaluate its relevance for complex real life issues, assess its validity, and clearly communicate your findings to a range of different audiences.
Key features of the course
- Enhances your analytical and communication skills, as well as developing research literacy skills
- Bespoke teaching materials and experienced tutors will guide you through fascinating, cutting-edge topics and research
- Relevant for existing professionals or those wishing to pursue a career in all areas of public policy, social justice, management, the health services and marketing.
By studying this psychology postgraduate programme you will develop advanced skills in assessing psychological claims and evidence in key specialisms in psychology. These skills are relevant to a broad range of careers related to public policy, social justice, management, advertising and marketing, as well as the third sector.The skills developed will be recognised by employers in all fields who value people who can complete a complex psychological project independently; communicate clearly and effectively to diverse academic and non-academic audiences; analyse and evaluate complex information; and who are capable of independently seeking out and selecting good research evidence relevant to real-life issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of social and psychological inquiry
- Evaluating psychology: research and practice
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 263 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You must hold a UK honours degree (2:2 at least) or equivalent to be accepted for the MSc in Psychology. Your first degree need not be in forensic psychology or psychology, but you must have the skills expected of a social sciences graduate.
- All students will begin with the postgraduate module, Principles of social and psychological inquiry (DD801).
You must be able to:
- write accurately, clearly and concisely
- read large quantities of text quickly, accurately and critically
- classify evidence precisely and assess its value and reliability
- argue logically and consistently
- select and interpret evidence to support a logical argument.
International4860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9720 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9720 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.