The programme is designed to include an innovative range of modules which offer a wide exposure to the studies of higher education and reflect the changing landscape of Higher Education . It is based upon four onto-epistemological pillars of; philosophy, psychology, policy and pedagogical practice and their impact on institutional, national and global arenas.
This flexible and accessible course is aimed at academics and those supporting learning in higher education. The course explores the literature and best practice in teaching, learning and assessment together, to help students critique and apply generic and subject specific pedagogies and carry out related research across a broad range of disciplines and roles.
The Higher Education programme from Middlesex University Dubai offers an opportunity to continue studies beyond the PGCertHE level. If you have just completed your PGCert in Higher Education then you can progress onto the diploma level of this programme to continue your studies and professional development.
Future Careers and Employability
The MA in Higher Education is designed to provide professionals dedicated to the field of higher education with the ability to make an enhanced impact. Students who are practicing may pursue promotion to a position of responsibility within their chosen field or institution. Graduates of the programme may move to Doctoral studies in education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy and policy of Higher Education
- Pedagogy in Higher Education
- Psychology of Learning in Higher Education
- Pedagogy and Practice in Higher Education
- Research Methods & Methodologies for Education
- Learning Technologies in Higher Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 11 other Masters in Teaching in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The MA in Higher Education is for academics and professionals supporting learning in higher education and beyond including local further education colleges, other higher education Institutions, training providers and those with an interest in the sector.
- Applicants are usually employed in higher education organisations contributing to the educational process, and normally, have a graduate qualification, and/or extensive practical experience and an interview may be required in some cases.
Advanced entry to the MA Higher Education can be obtained by students with relevant experience or qualifications in the following ways:
- Entry to the MA in Higher Education at diploma level can be achieved with a relevant UK Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCert HE) or equivalent.
- Entry to the MA in Higher Education at master’s level can be achieved with a relevant UK Postgraduate Diploma HE (PGDip HE) or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6712 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13425 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National6712 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13425 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.