This Woman and Child Abuse programme from London Metropolitan University is ideal for those who are working in specialised services for women and children who have experienced violence, in policymaking or delivery at local, regional or national levels, or anyone wanting to establish careers in these sectors.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive grounding in woman and child abuse studies, including theory, research, policy and practice.
The MA course content covers all forms of violence against women and child abuse, including sexual violence, domestic violence, sexual exploitation, trafficking and harmful practices. Reflecting the work of the Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit, a specialist research unit, the degree focuses on what we know about these forms of abuse, the contexts in which they occur and the connections between them. While the main focus will be on the UK, intellectual, policy and practice approaches from across the globe will be discussed.
Where this course can take you
The course is particularly suited to those who are working in specialised services for women and children who have experienced violence. It is also excellent preparation for those who are wishing to establish careers in this sector.
Our graduates have gone on to key roles in policymaking or service delivery at local, regional and national levels, and some pursue further studies to PhD level, including with the Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Researching Violence and Evaluating Interventions
- Sexual Exploitation of Children and Young People
- Sexual Violence: Causes, Consequences and Interventions
- Violence Against Women: Issues, Research and Policy
- Woman and Child Abuse Dissertation
- Children and Families: Policy and Practice
- Healthcare Public Health
- Human Rights and the International Order
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend that you submit your application to us as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesSocial Work Gender & Sexuality Studies View 100 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will be required to have at least one of the following:
- a good honours degree in a relevant subject
- experience of developing/delivering policy or service provision in the field (though the course is also relevant to those with a professional interest in violence against women and children)
- extensive relevant professional experience may be acceptable if you do not have sufficient academic qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16225 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16225 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK: £1,035 per 20 credits
- Int: £1,805 per 20 credits
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.