Drawing on both academic and practitioner expertise, this master’s course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you'll need to begin a career in the field of conflict transformation and resolution, whether in the public sector or for non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
This Peace, Conflict and Diplomacy MA degree at London Metropolitan University is designed to provide you with an understanding of the theoretical and conceptual debates about the nature and origin of political conflict. It will equip you with knowledge of the specialist techniques employed by conflict resolution experts to transform and resolve conflicts. It will also act as a stepping stone to doctoral study in peace and conflict resolution, as well as related politics and international relations fields.
To provide this combination of academic and practical knowledge, the expertise of full-time academic staff will be supplemented by that of experienced conflict resolution practitioners from International Alert. This is a leading non-governmental organisation (NGO) whose staff have led and participated in conflict resolution exercises around the world.
After the course
This course will provide focused preparation for work in the field of conflict resolution. In addition, the degree will be beneficial for a career in journalism, the diplomatic services or social research.
More informationVisit official programme website
Example modules include:
- Applied Conflict Transformation
- The Practice of Diplomacy
- International Conflict Resolution
- Human Security
- Religion and International Relations
- International Security
- International Law and International Order
- History and Theory of Human Rights
- Explaining Violence
- Dissertation: Peace, Conflict and Diplomacy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 397 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- a minimum of a lower second class (2.2) honours degree in a relevant discipline such as politics, international relations, international development, or social and behavioural sciences (applications are also welcome from those who have experience in conflict resolution or who possess relevant professional qualifications)
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £995 per 20 credits
- International: £1,470 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.