The International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management MSc at London Metropolitan University will offer you an opportunity to progress your career in the sector by providing you with an in-depth knowledge of the issues relating to management, as well as the core business functions of events, leisure, tourism and the wider creative industries sectors. We’ll also provide you with an international perspective into current industry challenges, including understanding the impact on matters of globalisation of business, ethical and legal implications, the social and environment impact, profitability and much more.
The programme has been designed by London Metropolitan University experts and external specialist advisors, who possess extensive experience in their respective sectors and are aware of the skills which are necessary to succeed in the industry. The degree structure encourages in-depth learning of key functions within events, leisure and tourism, while giving you the opportunity to study the general field of business management with two elective postgraduate modules from the wide portfolio of the Guildhall School of Business and Law. This combination of events, leisure and tourism subjects will give you greater flexibility to decide which particular sector you’d like to go into after graduation. It will also improve your career prospects as many organisations in the wider creative industries sector work across these three industries.
Our course is designed to mimic the real world of events, leisure and tourism so that you’ll graduate with the ability to successfully achieve desired objectives, both alone and as part of a team. The collective involvement of students and teaching staff will enhance your learning experience and professional development. You’ll not only learn through academic theory, but also through practical problem-solving activities where you’ll work on solutions individually or draw on other students’ experience in group tasks.
After the course
Our International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management MSc offers opportunities to pursue career routes in events, leisure, tourism and the broader creative industries sector, both in the UK and internationally.
On graduation, you should be equipped for executive, management and leadership related positions in the creative industries sector in UK and internationally. Our course is designed for both those already working in the industry (as a career booster) or those seeking to enter the industry or the wider sectors.
For current and aspiring managers, leaders and executives, the course will offer an opportunity to enhance and improve your academic skills and develop industry-specific knowledge.
Potential career routes, destinations and jobs for graduates include:
- events management and executives
- leisure executives and managers
- tourism executives and managers
- hotel managers and executives
- conference executives and managers
- entrepreneurships routes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marketing Management for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Project and Quality Management for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Fundraising and PR for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Accounting and Finance for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Research Methodology for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Dissertation for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 62 other Masters in Hospitality Management in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- an honours degree with minimum lower second (2.2) in related academic of business-related subjects or two or more years of professional or industry-relevant experience (proven track record, employers’ letter, professional qualifications etc)
- a minimum of GCSE grade C/grade 4 or above in English and Maths, or Functional Skills Level 2 (pass)
- two letters of reference about your suitability to undertake academic studies at master’s level
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £995 per 20 credits
- International: £1,470 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.