With the MSc Applied Statistics degree at The University of Strathclyde students will gain skills in:
- problem solving
- big data
- the use of statistical software for data analysis and reporting
On the Applied Statistcs MSc programme you'll have the opportunity to acquire:
- an in-depth knowledge of modern statistical methods used to analyse and visualise real-life data sets, and the experience of how to apply these methods in a professional setting
- skills in using statistical software packages used in government, industry and commerce
- the ability to interpret the output from statistical tests and data analyses, and communicate your findings to a variety of audiences including health professionals, scientists, government officials, managers and stakeholders who may have an interest in the problem
- problem solving and high numeracy skills widely sought after in the commercial sector
- practical experience of statistical consultancy and how to interact with professionals who require statistical analyses of their data
The MSc in Applied Statistics will provide graduates with skills in the statistical analysis of data from a wide range of disciplines. These skills are required by many employers in sectors such as:
- investment companies
- financial institutions
- pharmaceutical industry
- medical research
- government organisations
- internet information providers such as Google or Bing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Probability & Statistics
- Data Analytics in R
- Applied Statistical Modelling
- Statistical Inference
- Data Analytics in Practice
- Medical Statistics
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Survey Design & Analysis
- Bayesian Spatial Statistics
- Effective Statistical Consultancy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Statistics View 100 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- minimum second class honours degree or international equivalent
- mathematical training to A Level or equivalent standard
- prospective students with relevant experience or appropriate professional qualifications are also welcome to apply
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Rest of UK £8,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.