This MEd Educational Leadership at The University of Strathclyde is a new part-time blended learning course, designed for professional people working in education who are already in or want to move into leadership roles.
The course draws on recent insights into educational leadership across the world. It focuses on leadership in a range of educational settings:
- further education
- higher education
- the voluntary sector
You'll develop your understanding of leadership, the purposes which educational leadership serves, school improvement, and the international, national and local policy contexts that shape how leadership is enacted.
You'll gain a thorough grounding in research methods and reasoning which will enable you to study an area of specific interest to yourself through a dissertation.
The course will enable you to:
- build on your existing knowledge, understanding skills
- develop insights into your own professional development and your understanding of yourself as a leader
- build understanding which will enable you to develop your leadership capacities and skills
- specialise in an area of specific interest to yourself
The course will be delivered by a high-quality team of staff, including experts in their fields of study with experience of leadership in educational settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership for Equity, Inclusion & Social Justice
- Research Methods & Reasoning
- Leadership for School Improvement
- Contexts for Leadership
- Conceptions of Leadership
- Leadership for Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1426 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Successful applicants will be expected to hold:
- a good quality undergraduate degree or relevant professional qualification
- a teaching qualification (or its equivalent) or relevant experience within an educational setting
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1778 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1778 GBP per module and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA788 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 788 GBP per module and a duration of 36 months.
- per 20 credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.