The Design Engineering with Advanced Product Development degree at The University of Strathclyde will provide thorough training in design theories and process models, design methods, design techniques, computer supported product modelling, analysis, evaluation and physical rapid prototyping of a design solution. In addition to the enterprise skills necessary to launch brand new products to market.
The Advanced Product Development stream is designed for those who wish to enhance their technical knowledge and practical design skills through the application of state-of-the-art manufacture to practical design settings through the specialisation in advanced materials and production technology, product design techniques and engineering risk management.
Design engineers use technical knowledge, mathematical and design skills to create innovative solutions to problems across a diverse range of industries.
This course will propel your design engineering career forward because it will:
- provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop your own abilities to tackle more complex roles
- enhance your CV with a competitive edge through gaining a Masters
- develop industry experience through the Postgraduate Group Project module which provides you with first hand industry experience which can be used as example work during any future interviews
The MSc Design Engineering has been awarded academic accreditation from three institutes. This demonstrates the degree meets the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) as outlined by the Accreditation of Higher Education Programmes (AHEP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Design
- Design Methods
- Product Modelling & Visualisation
- Design Management
- Mechatronic Systems Design Techniques
- Engineering Risk Management
- Advanced Materials & Production Technology
- Postgraduate Group Project
- Postgraduate Individual Project
- Strategic Technology Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Management of Total Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Fundamentals Of Lean Six Sigma
- Manufacturing Automation
- Sustainable Product Design & Manufacturing
- Product Costing & Financial Management
- Systems Thinking & Modelling
- Management of Innovation
- Design Form & Aesthetics
- Human Centered Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Design General Engineering & Technology View 109 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a first or second-class Honours degree, or international equivalent, in a relevant engineering, technology or science discipline.
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8850 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.