The Civil Engineering at University of West London will advance your analytical skills, research knowledge and technical understanding and focus on the use of industrially relevant applications and IT skills in the main subject areas of civil engineering including:
- Transport infrastructure engineering
- Construction management.
The MSc Civil Engineering is based at the School of Computing and Engineering. You will be taught by staff with both industrial and academic experience, who will help you to develop your technical understanding and skills in both traditional and contemporary analysis and design as well as improve your knowledge in practical skills and current affairs in Civil Engineering.
On graduation, you can choose to work within the public sector or seek exciting opportunities with private-sector engineering firms.
Alternatively, you may wish to specialise in an area that you are really passionate about and move onto a postgraduate research degree. The School of Computing and Engineering is research-based. We have 30 PhD students and staff with strong research backgrounds, all here to advise and guide you on your chosen career or study path.
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental
- Institute of Highway Engineers
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Research Methods
- Advanced Geotechnical Engineering
- Advanced Structural Design
- Dissertation in Civil Engineering
- Hydro-systems Design
- Construction Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 691 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- You should have an honours degree (2:2 or above) in civil engineering or another engineering qualification at an equivalent level.
- We may also offer you a place based on a combination of an ordinary degree (e.g. BSc/BEng in engineering without honours) together with relevant experience from within the work environment.
- All applications are considered individually.
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Scholarships and bursaries offered by UWL offer only a partial contribution to fees, students are advised to research a combination of funding sources for their studies. Each student will be granted a maximum of one scholarship or bursary from their applications, the highest value reduction will be applied.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.