The Metropolitan Analysis, Design and Engineering programme of the Wageningen University and Research is an interdisciplinary programme of both the university and Delft University of Technology. In this master's you tackle particularly complex problems deriving from urbanisation. These issues include mobility and logistics, water and waste management, and energy and food security.
What makes this master's in sustainable development unique?
- Attain skills and knowledge by testing ideas in a living lab setting in Amsterdam.
- Benefit from a joint degree that gives you the best of both worlds: Wageningen University & Research and Delft University of Technology.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams with students from different academic and international backgrounds.
Study programme Metropolitan Analysis, Design and Engineering
The master's degree programme brings together multidisciplinary teams to reflect and work on solutions to questions like: How to keep our metropoles connected? How to aim for the circular city? And, how to safeguard its vitality? This two-year master's in sustainable development is entrepreneurial and takes place in the territorial context of Amsterdam.
The first academic year consists of courses such as Metropolitan Challenges, Data and Entrepreneurship. These will prepare you for the Living Lab in the second year. The Living Lab approach will enable you to work on real-life cases within the city of Amsterdam.
You can find the general course outline on the MSc MADE programme page along with more information on what you will learn.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Metropolitan Challenges
- Metropolitan Innovators
- Metropolitan Solutions
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Application via Studielink will open in October.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Development General Engineering & Technology View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A quality of the Bachelor degree falling short of the requirements mentioned can only result in admission at the discretion of the Admission Board, when there are sufficient compensating factors such as:
- Thesis result
- Scores for the courses that are of particular relevance to the MSc programme applied for
- Indisputable upward trend of course grades
- A declaration of the educational institute of the applicant on a deviating GPA policy
- Achievements in postgraduate education
- Multiple studies
- Scores for WU/TUD courses (by exchange students or students taking a minor)
- Reference letters
- Quality of the degree awarding institution
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.