The MLitt degrees are awarded on the basis of a research thesis. To support the completion of the research thesis, all MLitt students are required to participate in a Graduate Education Programme (GREP).
Students of the Geography programme from Maynooth University take a variety of taught and other modules to enhance their substantive knowledge and their professional development, in a programme of study that is designed to suit a student's individual needs. MLitt students are generally required to complete 25 credits of taught modules over Years 1 and 2. There may be exemptions for appropriate prior learning.
- Researcher in academic, public sector, voluntary sector, or private sector organisation.
- Advocate in academic, public sector, voluntary sector, or private sector organisation.
- Policy making/formulation in public sector and voluntary sector organisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching & Learning: Tutors & Demonstrators
- Research Funding Application
- Key Concepts in Geography
- Creative Interactive Computing
- Media Publics: Digital Media, Public Discourse and Political
- Conference Organisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 3 other Masters in Geology in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally an upper second or first class honours degree in Geography or a cognate subject. PhD applicants should also have a Masters degree in Geography or a cognate subject.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university first degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Part-time EU: 4,330
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.