ISEG is the place to go if you want to go places. We have a long tradition of Economics studies and a large experience in research development. Our Masters in Economics builds up the perfect pathway for your career to move forward. Who knows, maybe it could help you land your dream job.
This MSc in Economics at ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management prepares the students to pursue their careers as economists, researchers and teachers, high ranking staff in firms, banks, international organizations and public institutions.
accredited by AACSB
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mathematical Economics
- History of Economic Thought
- Growth Economics
- Labour Economics
- Macroeconomics and Monetary Theory
- Advanced Topics of Microeconomics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1 st Phase 23 November to 28 February
- 2 nd Phase 1 March to 30 April
- 3 rd Phase 1 May to 13 June (Applications by international student (outside Europe) are not recommended during the 3 rd Phase, on account of the time it takes to issue visas)
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics View 10 other Masters in Mathematics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The MSc in Economics is intended to complement and to deepen first-cycle education provided by a first-cycle degree in economics. The main objectives are that the students reach advanced knowledge in economic theory and in the methods and empirical techniques useful to analyze economic reality.
- Identity document (Citizens Card/Passport);
- Undergraduate degree conclusion certificate with final average grade;
- Grade transcript with full list course list and grades
- English or Portuguese language proficiency certificate (minimum level: B2
- TOEFL 70, IELTS 6.5 ) for candidates for English or Portuguese degrees (except for candidates from Portugal, those from the Portuguese-speaking countries, and Brazilians).
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- EU/EEA : 1st year - €3750, 2nd year - €2000
- International: 1st year - €4500, 2nd year - €2500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.