The Graduate Engineering Management Program in the Department of Management at New Mexico Tech is designed for working engineers and applied scientists to attain knowledge, skills, and perspectives that will assist them in the management of increasingly large and complex technology-based projects. Successful management of these types of projects requires both analytical and people-oriented skills, and the 30-hour degree program is designed to instill both in our graduates through the following:
- Ability to apply Management Science-based optimization techniques to problem situations in the real world. Understanding of the use of these techniques in an entrepreneurial context.
- Ability to understand the structure of complex databases, how to do relatively simple data mining searches, and how to construct a database that may be useful to many users.
- Understand economic and financial modeling and simulation and its application to analysis and valuation of risky investment projects and portfolios. Understand the application of statistical techniques to real data encountered in project-oriented engineering environments.
- Understand team building, project structuring, and implementation in the context of a technology-based organization.
- Ability to analyze markets for new technologies from the perspectives of analysis of risk and uncertainty, the technology life cycle, and the product life cycle. Understand specifics of consumer behavior in the context of new technology products.
- Understand the components of a successful funding package for an entrepreneurial venture, both within and outside a technology-based firm. Understand the negotiation process from game-theory and applied perspectives, and be able to put together the outlines of a business plan for a new venture.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize one or more of the techniques and methodologies learned in EMGT coursework into a project – preferably a workplace application – that solves a real technology-management problem.
More informationVisit official programme website
The purpose of the core is to provide foundations in quantitative and qualitative methods that will assist the practicing (or aspiring‐to‐practice) engineer in a changing technological and economic environment. The core is designed for engineers and is grounded in the notion that program participants possess the analytical skills associated with a calculus‐based undergraduate bachelor of science in engineering.The minimum of six (6) hours of electives will assist program participants to gain expertise in an area of interest and relevance to their careers. These two courses should be taken as a sequence, and participants may select their sequence after consulting with their faculty advisor(s). The elective sequence may be any approved graduate elective sequence from graduate coursework offered at New Mexico Tech. Students considering elective sequences from other graduate institutions may do in consultation with their New Mexico Tech graduate committee.The terminal MEM requirement is a final project, culminating in a formal document and presentation to the faculty that is analogous to the Independent Study option currently available to graduate students at New Mexico Tech. Participants will benefit from designing, supervising, and executing a project that will ideally be a workplace application. This experience will aid them throughout their careers as they are faced with the need to resolve critical strategic questions and implement recommended solutions.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesProject Management Business Intelligence & Analytics Innovation Management View 253 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
For more information, please visit program website.
Preference for limited program slots will be given to individuals with at least 2 years work experience in either engineering or applied science.
International37686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18843 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National22164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11082 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.