The Graduate Engineering Management Program in the Department of Management at New Mexico Tech is designed for working engineers and applied scientists to attain knowledge, skills, and perspectives that will assist them in the management of increasingly large and complex technology-based projects.
Successful management of these types of projects requires both analytical and people-oriented skills, and the 30-hour degree program at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology is designed to instill both in our graduates through the following:
- Ability to apply Management Science-based optimization techniques to problem situations in the real world. Understanding of the use of these techniques in an entrepreneurial context.
- Ability to understand the structure of complex databases, how to do relatively simple data mining searches, and how to construct a database that may be useful to many users.
- Understand economic and financial modeling and simulation and its application to analysis and valuation of risky investment projects and portfolios. Understand the application of statistical techniques to real data encountered in project-oriented engineering environments.
- Understand team building, project structuring, and implementation in the context of a technology-based organization.
- Ability to analyze markets for new technologies from the perspectives of analysis of risk and uncertainty, the technology life cycle, and the product life cycle. Understand specifics of consumer behavior in the context of new technology products.
- Understand the components of a successful funding package for an entrepreneurial venture, both within and outside a technology-based firm. Understand the negotiation process from game-theory and applied perspectives, and be able to put together the outlines of a business plan for a new venture.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize one or more of the techniques and methodologies learned in EMGT coursework into a project – preferably a workplace application – that solves a real technology-management problem.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The purpose of the core is to provide foundations in quantitative and qualitative methods that will assist the practicing (or aspiring‐to‐practice) engineer in a changing technological and economic environment.
- The core is designed for engineers and is grounded in the notion that program participants possess the analytical skills associated with a calculus‐based undergraduate bachelor of science in engineering.
- The minimum of six (6) hours of electives will assist program participants to gain expertise in an area of interest and relevance to their careers.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Business Intelligence & Analytics Innovation Management View 231 other Masters in Project Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following are required for graduate applications:
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Unofficial GRE scores
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students whose first language is not English. English Language Requirements
- Recommendations letters (three)
- Statement of Purpose
International25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12843 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12843 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4639 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Socorro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.