What you'll learn in the Security Studies programme at Liverpool John Moores University
- The emerging paradigms within security studies, security and intelligence at local, national and global levels.
- An analysis of important security events and issues of the 20th and 21st centuries.
- The critical view of threats from terrorism, organised crime, radicalisation and intelligence failures.
- Examine key themes and debates shaping the concepts of security and security studies.
- Address critical areas of contemporary concern within security studies, such as foreign policy, the role of radicalisation in international politics and the evolving dangers of financial crime.
- A solid academic grounding in criminology, terrorism and intelligence.
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
- Securities Studies
- Intelligence Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Strategic Change in the Global Environment
- International Financial Crime and Security
- Security Studies Dissertation
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 65 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required.
- Alternatively a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575.
- In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
International9795 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9795 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
National9795 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9795 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.