Your Qualification in Security Studies
Analyse the concepts of security studies by developing your knowledge of broader military, strategic and political considerations. You will gain a solid academic grounding in criminology, terrorism and intelligence.
The Security Studies programme at Liverpool John Moores University is ideal for those seeking to go into security and intelligence related careers in the public and private sectors, as well as professionals already engaged in such fields who seek to enhance their career prospects through further qualifications.The Postgraduate Certificate/ Postgraduate Diploma/ Masters is an excellent preparation for many careers in the civil and foreign service, non-governmental and international organisations, private firms and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Securities Studies
- Intelligence Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Strategic Change in the Global Environment
- International Financial Crime and Security
- Security Studies Dissertation
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 54 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required. Alternatively a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575. In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
International8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 11 months.
EU/EEA8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 11 months.
Fees until 15th May:
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3,150 / US$3,950
- Postgraduate Diploma: £5,950 / US$7,450
- Masters: £8,850 / US$11,065
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.