Your Qualification in Security Studies
Analyse the concepts of security studies by developing your knowledge of broader military, strategic and political considerations. You will gain a solid academic grounding in criminology, terrorism and intelligence.
The Security Studies programme at Liverpool John Moores University is ideal for those seeking to go into security and intelligence related careers in the public and private sectors, as well as professionals already engaged in such fields who seek to enhance their career prospects through further qualifications.The Postgraduate Certificate/ Postgraduate Diploma/ Masters is an excellent preparation for many careers in the civil and foreign service, non-governmental and international organisations, private firms and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Securities Studies
- Intelligence Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Strategic Change in the Global Environment
- International Financial Crime and Security
- Security Studies Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 60 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required. Alternatively a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575. In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8995 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8995 GBP per year during 11 months.
EU/EEA8995 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8995 GBP per year during 11 months.
Fees until 14th May 2021:
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3,295 / US$4,285
- Postgraduate Diploma: £6,195 / US$8,055
- Masters: £8,995 / US$11,695
Fees after 14th May 2021:
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3,495 / US$4,545
- Postgraduate Diploma: £6,595 / US$8,575
- Masters: £9,795 / US$12,735
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.