From medicine and biotechnology to applied physics and materials science, advances in science today depend on an expert understanding of chemical principles. With a master’s degree in Chemistry from UND, you’ll have knowledge and skills that distinguish you as a researcher and a scientist.
Why Earn a Master's Degree in Chemistry at University of North Dakota?
As the foundation of all molecular sciences, chemistry plays an increasingly important role in advancing almost every area of scientific knowledge. The chemistry master's program at UND gives you a broad education in chemical principles along with a targeted focus in one of the following specialties:
- Analysis and applications
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Special Topics in Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Quantum Mechanics in Chemistry
- Special Topics in Analytical Chemistry
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Chemistry View 912 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in chemistry.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years of undergrad work.
- Undergraduate credit in mathematics through integral calculus.
- One year of physics.
- Graduate Record Examination General test for all students. (Chemistry subject test also required for all applicants without a baccalaureate degree in Chemistry.)
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
International23005 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23005 USD per year during 30 months.
National17254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17254 USD per year during 30 months.
In-State11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11502 USD per year during 30 months.
- Minnesota residents: 14,608.32 USD per year
Living costs for Grand Forks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.