Why Should I Choose the Management Information Systems offered at Kadir Has University?
Let us consider a couple of recently established IT based companies’ worldwide for a moment: Google, Facebook, Yahoo, YouTube, Twitter, Amazon, e-bay, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Alibaba. The market value of each of these companies is measured in terms of billions of USD. Is this a coincidence or is it the new way of business? We believe that the answer is the latter. As we progress within the new technological era lots of things regarding our lives will dramatically change whether we like it or not. Some of these changes are: way of doing business, social life, entertainment, communication, commercialization, medicine, drug design, education, customer relations, resource planning, logistics, etc.
Thus, “if you are the one who is interested in IT and its application in organizations and have an interest in conducting research, performing excellent teaching, and in helping to invent a future around, applications of IT”, then you have a common passion with us. Just drop by and let’s have a talk. This may be the first step towards an exciting and promising career for you!
Some Reasons to Consider a M.S. in MIS from Kadir Has University
- Active research projects in healthcare information systems, social media, innovation management, enterprise systems, technology adoption, big data and cyber-infrastructure,
- Research experience in a variety of traditions such as experimental methods, data mining and its applications, econometric analysis, qualitative case-based research, social media, mobile systems, data governance, design and management of information systems,
- Publications in leading journals across multiple disciplines, including all major information systems journals.
What Will I Learn in This Program and How Will It Contribute to My Career?
In addition to furthering your knowledge about information systems, you will be given the opportunity to develop the research skills and mindset necessary to be a successful scholar. In our seminars, as well as those you will take in other disciplines, you will learn about research methods, data analysis approaches, and theories applicable to your research. You will also gain necessary teaching expertise and experience.
MIS faculty teach and research about the application of information systems in organizations. This includes the study of social networks, cloud computing, Information Technologies (IT) consumerization, virtual reality, negotiation systems, collaboration technologies, office automation, electronic payments, strategic information systems, electronic commerce, collective intelligence, tele-medicine, electronic markets, social media, information requirements analysis, systems development methods, enterprise resource planning systems, systems implementation, adoption, and diffusion, mobile computing, and much more. The information technologies and systems we teach and research transform people’s lives, jobs and, for industry after industry, business models, products, supply chains, and distribution channels.
We are also interested in the implications of those technologies for people and society; personal privacy, infrastructure dependency, security, safeguarding of intellectual property, and IT-related stress all capture the interest of MIS faculty. So too do the political implementations of the Internet, the evolution of the field, and IT in developing nations. And that’s just today! Ours is one of the most dynamic fields; the area your dissertation will focus on in several years may not have even been conceived of today.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Data Science Tools
- Database Design and Management
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Advanced Information System Analysis and Design
- High Performance Scientific Computing
- Client and Server Side Programming
- Management Information Systems
- Project Management
- Management and Organization Behavior
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Entrepreneurship and New Enterprise Init
- Emergency Management Information Systems
- Technology Management and Organizational
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Operations Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Business Information Systems View 20 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Turkey
- Copy of the undergraduate or graduate diploma and transcript
- GRE/ALES/GAT score results
- For diplomas awarded abroad, a copy of the diploma equivalency certificate issued by YÖK's International Equivalency Office, certifying the equivalency of the diploma to that of a Turkish higher education institution (the letter of equivalence must be submitted by the end of the first semester)
- Copy of your Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Two reference letters
International12000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
· Fee with 25% Scholarship: $9,000
· Fee with 50% Scholarship: $6.000
· Fee with 100% Scholarship: $0.000
Every international student application for a KHAS academic program is evaluated for a scholarship. No separate scholarship application is necessary. Tuition reduction scholarships are awarded based on academic merit. High international or national examination scores and graduation grades are taken into consideration. Tuition reduction scholarships, are subject to maintain a min. of 1.5 GPA at the end of each academic year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.