At Writing from Royal College of Art we will be able to support you to become the best possible version of the writer you’d like to be. If we tend towards anything it is ‘creative non-fiction’, imperfectly described, although ‘literary writing’, rather than literature, might be a less inadequate alternative.
Students at Writing from Royal College of Art will be able to:
- Produce work at an advanced level that combines intelligence, speculation, and technical ability.
- Articulate the intentions of their work, and reflect upon them in relation to the critical and conceptual context of their practice.
- Experiment with form, and develop an understanding of which form — or combination of forms — might be most appropriate for their work.
- Develop an awareness of the many ways in which you can make your work public, and demonstrate a sensitivity to what might be most appropriate in different circumstances.
- Distance and Proximity
- Publics and Counterpublics
- College-wide unit
- The Practical Past
- How to Live Together
- Urgency of the Arts
- Independent Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts Journalism View 246 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English-language requirements
- Candidates must normally have obtained a good relevant undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification.
International28000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.