The Clinical Nutrition programme at University of Aberdeen offers specialised training in the clinical and scientific basis of human nutrition. Through your studies you will be given the opportunity to improve your knowledge of clinical, metabolic and molecular nutrition while also learning about the issues affecting public health.Students benefit from a high degree of flexibility both in learning time and content. The programme is designed to fit around your work and family life and to enable you to study at a pace that suits you.
This programme has been designed by leading academics and professionals in the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition. Many of the academics involved in the delivery of this programme are based at the Rowett Institute, one of the leading and oldest nutrition research institutes in Europe.
You will develop your knowledge and understanding of:
- the scientific basis of nutrition. Understanding nutritional requirements from the molecular through to the population level
- the food chain and its impact on food choice. Integrating the food supply with dietary intake
- food in a social or behavioural context, at all stages of the lifecourse
- how to apply the scientific principles of nutrition for the promotion of health and wellbeing of individuals, groups and populations; recognising benefits and risks
Completing the MSc Clinical Nutrition at the University of Aberdeen will give you the knowledge, understanding and practical insight required to advance your career in nutrition. You will broaden your career opportunities and develop an invaluable network of contacts.
Career options available to you include:
- Further study (PhD)
- Academic jobs in university settings, e.g. lecturer, researcher
- Public Health Policy Manager
- Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinator
- Fitness and Nutrition Counsellor
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Online Learning
- Clinical Nutrition for Disease Prevention
- Fundamentals of Human Nutrition and Metabolism
- Nutrition and Health Through the Life Stages
- Assessment of Nutritional Health
- Fundamentals of Research Design
- Applied Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 3 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A second-class honours degree in Biological Sciences or Life Sciences, or equivalent research or field experience. Minimum 2.2, 60% or GPA 2.4/4 or 3.0/5 overall.
- Students who do not meet the current entry requirements, such as a lower degree in a relevant subject, or appropriate level of degree but in an alternative discipline, may be eligible to enter the programme via one of our MSc access route options.
- These routes are designed to help students planning to study MSc Clinical Nutrition (online) or MSc Human Nutrition (on campus), gain the required level of biomedical science knowledge and understanding to prepare for postgraduate studies.
International925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Aberdeen is very pleased to offer a 20% discount on postgraduate tuition fees for all alumni who have graduated with a degree from the University of Aberdeen.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.