The need for security professionals is growing along with increasing reliance of businesses and governments on IT. The employer demand for information systems security professionals shows no end in sight. The program maintains a sharp focus on the needs of employers and changes in industry.
The program ain Information Systems Security Management at the Concordia University of Edmonton allows you preparation time for writing the certification exam for Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Please note it is a student/graduate responsibility to register and pay for the actual CISSP exam. Some students/graduates also choose to write the certification exam for Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) as well as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- To identify sources of risk for the loss of enterprise information and to develop methods of minimizing the identified risks based on the priorities established by senior management and the financial resources available to mitigate these risks.
- To understand the role of information systems security in relation to the other business processes in an enterprise.
- To develop a plan for the enterprise to recover from disasters where information ceases to be available to users. They will also have the skills to test the plan and to ensure that the plan is ready to be implemented when needed.
- To investigate information systems security incidents and develop and implement solutions to recover or minimize the loss of information.
- To securely install operating system software and to use this software to build login servers and application servers which are highly resistant to penetration by unauthorized users (both internal and external).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Securing an E-Commerce Infrastructure
- Advanced Network Security
- Cryptography and Secure Network Communications
- Firewall Fundamentals
- Digital Forensics
- Research Methods
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster in Management (MIM) View 14 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from Concordia University of Edmonton or its equivalent from a recognized institution. Individual graduate programs may recommend applicants as qualifying/probationary students (e.g., those with three-year degrees).
- An admission grade point average (AGPA) of 3.0 (on Concordia University of Edmonton’s 4-point scale) or equivalent on the most recent 60 credits of undergraduate (or graduate) study.
- Demonstrated fulfilment of the English Language Requirement.
International12750 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6375 CAD per semester and a duration of 20 months.
National12750 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6375 CAD per semester and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.