There's a great demand for candidates with a background in the combination of programming, hardware design and embedded systems, while one simultaneously see new jobs and innovation within robotics, autonomous and intelligent systems. This study aims to create technologists that master practical implementation, while also being strong on theory.
The Master in Informatics - Robotics and Intelligent Systems at University of Oslo has an interdisciplinary character and builds on elements from informatics, electronics, mathematics and physics. It has two areas of specialisation and gives to chance to focus within chosen areas within artificial intelligence, digital and embedded systems, robotics, cybernetics and autonomous systems.
You have basic knowledge in programming, electronics, digital technology and mathematics. You have:
- knowledge of programming and algorithms, as well as systems development techniques
- knowledge of digital technology that forms the basis for designing computers and embedded systems
- knowledge about electronics and sensors that form the basis for machine launching
- knowledge of mathematics required for electronics, programming and robotics
More informationVisit official programme website
The programme has 2 programme options:
- Robotics and intelligent systems
- Cybernetics and autonomous systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.