At the University of Reading studying Agriculture and Development will explain the role of agriculture in development, the different biophysical, economic and social environments in which agriculture is practised, elaborates recent developments in agricultural research and practice in response to challenges such as poverty, climate change and environmental sustainability, and describes the factors and processes that influence and enhance the relevance, quality and impact of agricultural research and farmer-innovation processes.
This master's programme:
- examines the role of agriculture and agricultural research for development in response to challenges such as the food crisis, poverty, climate change and environmental sustainability.
- provides skills in strategic thinking, quantitative and qualitative analysis, communication and teamwork in biological and social sciences.
- is designed for students interested in pursuing careers in research, extension or development, within international and national institutions.
- Rethinking agricultural development
- Agriculture in the tropics
- Experimental agriculture/horticulture
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSustainable Development Natural Resource Management Agriculture View 49 other Masters in Agriculture in United Kingdom
Applicants are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree, ideally with upper second-class or above (or equivalent from an internationally recognised university outside the UK). Applicants who have relevant career experience are also encouraged to apply.
International18650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.