At the University of Reading studying the Msc Agriculture and Development will explain the role of agriculture in development, the different biophysical, economic and social environments in which agriculture is practised, elaborates recent developments in agricultural research and practice in response to challenges such as poverty, climate change and environmental sustainability, and describes the factors and processes that influence and enhance the relevance, quality and impact of agricultural research and farmer-innovation processes.
This master's programme:
- examines the role of agriculture and agricultural research for development in response to challenges such as the food crisis, poverty, climate change and environmental sustainability.
- provides skills in strategic thinking, quantitative and qualitative analysis, communication and teamwork in biological and social sciences.
- is designed for students interested in pursuing careers in research, extension or development, within international and national institutions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Rethinking agricultural development (including horticulture): implementing solutions
- Agriculture in the tropics
- Experimental agriculture/horticulture
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesSustainable Development Agriculture View 220 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- You are normally required to have a good first or second class honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK).
- An intermediate knowledge of microeconomics and quantitative methods is generally required, but strong applicants with little or no prior training in economics may be admitted provided they attend a pre-sessional course.
International16045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16045 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7545 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7545 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.