The modules in the programme will help you to develop an understanding of how we can increase participation in physical activity and how we develop physical competence and motivation at all levels. The Physical Education, Sport and Physical Literacy programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David explores a personal philosophy in relation to physical education, sport and physical literacy.
You will study how to lead and manage areas of work in relation to the development of health and wellbeing and how to conduct research. You will also examine and evaluates how work in the field has an impact on pupil outcomes and physical activity levels and how to develop this.
This programme is the only one of its kind in the UK and is supported by the Wales Institute for Physical Literacy. The programme is designed to be flexible to relate to the broad range of different contexts which all contribute to the development of physical literacy. The team of tutors that contribute to the programme are experts in the field.
Why choose this course
- Flexible postgraduate opportunities throughout Wales
- Part-time mode of study
- Part-time over four years
- Weekend delivery supported by Moodle
- Accessible locations in South and North Wales
- Modules to suit students' professional practice and needs
- Taught or research based study options
- International exchange opportunities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Motivation in physical activity
- Physical Literacy, Physical Education and Sport - philosophy, policy and curriculum
- Developing and Supporting Physical Competence
- Research Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 41 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International2964 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2964 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1667 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1667 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.