Library and Information Services Management (Distance Learning) degree offered at University of Sheffield focuses on the creation, management and use of information, and the role that libraries and information services play in their communities. On the course, you will develop core skills and expertise to support your career development. You will learn about key strategic, operational and ethical issues involved in leading and supporting physical and digital library and information services. The course covers the latest theory and good practice.
The programme will enable you to apply what you learn in your working life immediately and also bring your professional experience to bear on your learning. It is taught completely online to fit around your other commitments, but at the same time encourages you to interact with fellow professionals on the course as well as with expert teaching staff and guest lecturers. And you can study from anywhere in the world.
- This course is accredited by CILIP
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Libraries, Information and Society
- Information Literacy
- Leadership, Strategy and Change
- Information Retrieval: Search Engines and Digital Libraries
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Personal and Professional Development Portfolio
- Research Methods and Dissertation Preparation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Sciences View 33 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
- Entry requirements are flexible. You’ll need a combination of a good second class honours degree and around 12 months’ information-related practical work experience.
- If you don’t have a degree but your professional experience is extensive, you might be able to take the postgraduate certificate or diploma and upgrade to the MA later.
International5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5250 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5250 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.