This Library and Information Services Management (Distance Learning) course at University of Sheffield will introduce you to the best current thinking and practice, and equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to enter this fast-developing sector. You'll learn core competencies in IT, management and information handling, together with a wide range of specialisms.
- The skills of librarians and information specialists are essential to identify, control, organise and make accessible the ever-increasing amounts of information available in paper, digital and multimedia formats.
- You'll be prepared for a professional role in areas ranging from public service to business.
- This course is accredited by CILIP
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Libraries, Information and Society
- Information Literacy
- Leadership, Strategy and Change
- Information Retrieval: Search Engines and Digital Libraries
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Personal and Professional Development Portfolio
- Research Methods and Dissertation Preparation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 6 other Masters in Library Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entry requirements are flexible. You’ll need a combination of a good second-class honours degree and around 12 months’ information-related practical work experience.
- If you don’t have a degree but your professional experience is extensive, you might be able to take the postgraduate certificate or diploma and upgrade to the MA later.
- IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5750 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5750 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Three-year MA £3,833 each year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.