This Advanced Clinical Practice (General Practice) course from University of Sheffield is for experienced, registered health and care practitioners delivering advanced clinical practice, who wish to learn advanced skills in the management of episodes of care for their client group. It can be studied either as a standard masters degree or via an apprenticeship route.
- On successful completion of the programme, you’ll demonstrate the core advanced practice capabilities and general practice clinical competence. The course includes a clinical leadership module, which ensures that service design, delivery and patient safety remain at the forefront of your clinical working.
- This whole programme of development relies on work-based assessment and learning to consolidate the taught content.
- Because of this, all students on the programme need to complete an e-portfolio of knowledge, skills and capabilities and will need a mentor and supervisor in practice, normally a GP who is able to support and assess you throughout the three year period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Consultation and Person-Centered Primary Care
- Evidence Based Practice
- Advanced Clinical Assessment
- Nurse Independent Prescribing
- Complex Needs and Primary Care Development
- Critical Development of Clinical Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1774 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You will have a good (2:2 or above) bachelors degree in a related health discipline, for example nursing, physiotherapy, paramedic science, pharmacy
- A minimum of a grade C in GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent
- Be a qualified, UK registered healthcare professional, working in the pathway-specific area for a minimum of two years
- Hold a current relevant employment contract in the pathway-specific setting for the duration of the programme for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Be able to provide evidence of support from a manager and a lead consultant/general practitioner
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National3833 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3833 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.