This Clinical Neurology course at University of Sheffield offers practical clinical exposure and gives you the chance to apply the fundamentals of neuroanatomy and physiology to better understand the clinical features of patients with neurological diseases. You’ll learn how insights from the laboratory are translated into benefits for patients.
- With an ageing population, neurological diseases represent an increasing economic burden to society and a cause of much suffering to patients and carers alike. You'll focus on how insights from the laboratory are translated into benefits for patients.
- The course offers theoretical and practical training in clinical neurology and neuroscience research including practical experience in the dissection room to facilitate teaching of neuro-anatomy.
- During several themed modules, each focussing on a different patho-physiological branch of neurological disease, disease-centred lectures and small group tutorials provide the necessary theoretical knowledge into the current state of the art of diagnostics and therapeutics in neurology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The content of our courses is reviewed annually to make sure it's up-to-date and relevant. Individual modules are occasionally updated or withdrawn.
- This is in response to discoveries through our world-leading research; funding changes; professional accreditation requirements; student or employer feedback; outcomes of reviews; and variations in staff or student numbers.
- In the event of any change we'll consult and inform students in good time and take reasonable steps to minimise disruption. We are no longer offering unrestricted module choice. If your course included unrestricted modules, your department will provide a list of modules from their own and other subject areas that you can choose from.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience Health Sciences View 155 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For Route A you’ll need a 2:1 BSc degree in a biomedical/science based, psychology or health care subject or an MBChB degree. Medical students can intercalate after completion of three years of their medical degree.
- For Route B you’ll need an MBChB degree, be an intercalating medic and you must be eligible for GMC registration.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.