Education (Research) offered at La Trobe University program is available by a combination of coursework and a minor thesis, or by thesis only.
- RED Team
This degree will allow you to pursue advanced research within academic research, higher education, or secure employment opportunities within research centres, government or the corporate world. It can also serve as a pathway into a PhD.
Effective professional development for graduate researchers and early career researchers.
We pair a highly motivated PhD student with an industry leader with similar interests.
- Industry internships
We offer internships to Master by Research and PhD students in various disciplines.
- Our researchers
A selection of La Trobe researchers talk about the exciting work that they're doing.
More informationVisit official programme website
Areas of research expertise include:
- adult learning
- applied linguistics
- cross-cultural communication
- innovative curriculum and effective classrooms
- e-learning pedagogies
- leadership and management
- international education and globalisation
- science and mathematics education
- policy research and evaluation
- teacher education
- special education
- student advocacy and wellbeing
- technical and higher education.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 61 other Masters in Educational Research in Australia
CRICOS code: 017544F
- You must have an Australian Bachelor's degree with Honours at H1 or H2A level, or approved international equivalent. If you have Honours at H2B level, or equivalent, you may still be considered in some instances.
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34000 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents enrolled in a higher degree by research will not normally pay tuition fees, as fees for graduate research degrees are covered by the Australian Government's Research Training Program (RTP).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.