You will explore the composition of food, the nature of nutrients and their metabolism in the body, nutritional requirements throughout the lifespan and the dietary effects of food on health. You will also learn how to work alongside service users with acute and chronic disease in hospitals and primary care settings.
You will gain the professional expertise necessary for effective practice, critical evaluation and adaptability when faced with the changing dynamics of working in health and social care. You will also be well prepared for the responsibilities and expectations associated with being a healthcare professional, and consider the ethical and legal boundaries arising from exercising a professional duty of care.
The Dietetics course from Leeds Beckett University is strongly vocational, and our postgraduate students are highly successful in gaining employment as dietitians in the NHS. Practice learning is delivered in partnership with local NHS Trusts, enabling you to build relationships with local employers.
- Clinical dietitian
- Public health dietitian
- Research dietitian
- Dietitian working in the food industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lifestyle & Long-term Conditions
- Research & Practice Development
- Practice Placement
- Enterprise in Public Health Nutrition
- Professional Development for Practice
- Nutrition Advances in Practice
- Research Methods for Nutrition
- Applied Nutrition Support
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 131 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Leeds Beckett University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The academic entry requirements for the MSc Dietetics are for a science degree with at least a 2:1 classification which contains sufficient level and depth of biochemistry and human physiology as well as research skills and methodology. We require biochemistry and human physiology to be studied to at least level 4 and an integration and application of these two subject areas to be studied to at least level 5. Research skills are also required to be studied to level 6 including a research project or dissertation. A list of courses previously accepted can be found at this link. Please see our UK FAQ or international applicant FAQ for information on this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.