The nature of the sports industry is rapidly changing and there is a far greater need than ever before for sports development officers and sports coordinators to have core business and management skills which can help them to become the future leaders within the sector.
The Leadership in Sport programme offered by the University of South Wales will be of particular interest to those who are already working in the sports industry or those who aspire to lead or manage within the sector.
A sports context will drive discussions and facilitate learning, but given the transferability of the core leadership and management principles covered, the MA Leadership in Sport would also appeal to current or potential leaders in other sectors, who have an interest in sport and physical activity.
The need for relevant further education for sports professionals continues to increase given the highly competitive nature of the sport industry with hundreds applying for a handful of jobs. Current professionals and new applicants are therefore keen to gain a competitive edge over others for promotion, with postgraduate qualifications providing one such advantage
The MA Leadership in Sport aims and learning outcomes are focused upon students acquiring the knowledge and employability skills to gain employment within the sports sector with the aim of progressing into management roles USW Sport has a strong track record of creating employable graduates within the sports industry and beyond.
This emphasis on student employability remains the core focus for the Sport academic subject area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Project
- Leading People in Sport
- Sport Business Principles
- Professional Work-Based Development
- The High Performance Environment (Optional)
- Effective Coaching (Optional)
- Enterprise and Innovation in Sport (optional)
- Strategic Leadership in Sport (optional)
- Curriculum Design and Contemporary Approaches to Player Development (optional)
- Pedagogy in Football (optional)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 320 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entrance to the course normally requires an Honours degree classification of at least a 2:2 in a relevant subject, although related work experience e.g. 3 years working in sports development, leisure management or coaching, can also be taken into account. An interview may be required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- Full-time UK: £9000 per 20 credits
- Part-time UK: £1000 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.